Dropship Rocket vs AliDropship for Custom Dropshipping Store Creation – Eartha Haines
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase items through my links I will earn a small commission (at no cost to you) that helps support this website. Thank you for your support!
I’m always excited to find new products and services that help anyone to start their own online business.
Recently, I came across a custom dropshipping store service called Dropship Rocket.
Since I am an AliDropship user, I wanted to do a comparison between the two companies and do a head-to-head comparison of what they offer.
What is Dropship Rocket? How Does it Work?
Dropship Rocket sells premade and custom dropshipping web stores using WordPress and WooCommerce. They source the stores using products from AliExpress.com.
They also sell marketing businesses that you can promote and earn a share of the sale when customers order a service.
There are three package prices for the premade dropshipping stores. The $295 package includes one store, the $475 package has two stores, and the $695 package has three stores.
If you want a custom store, prices start at $399. From researching their website, it appears that they build their stores using WordPress and WooCommerce.
That is a plus for me because that means you retain store ownership with WordPress.
Dropship Rocket Features
This service provides nice features in terms of their price points. Here is what is included with any of the packages you choose:
- Products sourced from AliExpress
- One-time fee
- Over 100+ products
- Free web hosting
- Free domain name
- Keyword research
The free web hosting may be appealing to many people. It is one less expense to have to worry about.
According to their FAQ page, they offer free hosting as it is an easier transfer process on their end by keeping your website on their servers.
They state that you do need your own GoDaddy account so that they can transfer the domain and website into your name. You do receive full cPanel access as well.
If you want your store hosted elsewhere, they will transfer it.
What I Find Questionable About Dropship Rocket
As I was reading through their FAQ section, several things stood out to me. These things may not be a huge issue for most people, but I would find them to be a hassle in the long-term.
They Only Offer One Payment Gateway
The only payment gateway they offer is through PayPal. Although customers can pay with PayPal without having a PayPal account, it is probably not the best idea to only offer this method of payment.
Some people may not like using PayPal for one reason or another. You may also prefer to use a credit card merchant that offers lower fees per transaction.
Adding and Removing Products Seems Difficult
It almost seems as though they dissuade you from making any product changes to your store:
If it is your store, you should be able to add and remove products as often as you like.
So far, it sounds like there are a lot of steps involved which include duplicating an existing product page and having to also keep track of a supplier Word doc?
This is not the case with an AliDropship custom store. You simply remove items with a click and add items via importing from AliExpress.
They do offer another solution in terms of using a Chrome browser plugin. However, it is still a few extra steps for me. In the long run, it could become cumbersome.
Order Processing and Tracking is Not Automated
When you receive orders, you have to manually place each order through AliExpress and send tracking numbers to each customer. While it is a simple process, this too may become cumbersome in the long-term.
How Does an AliDropship Custom Store Work?
The first thing to understand about AliDropship is that it is a WordPress dropshipping plugin.
It transforms any WordPress installation into a full-featured AliExpress dropshipping store. What is even more awesome is that they also have a WooCommerce version of the plugin.
You have the option of buying the plugin and creating your store yourself or you can order a custom dropshipping store in which the AliDropship team builds your store for you.
AliDropship Custom Store Features
When you order a custom store from AliDropship, you are also assigned a personal manager.
Your personal manager also gives you access to a Basecamp (project management tool) account.
This is where you will be able to track your store’s progress. Your personal manager will get all of the details for your store from you and you can ask questions and provide feedback.
Keep in mind you are receiving a custom store built to your specifications. It is not a premade store.
Here are the features included with your store:
- Niche research – They select a trendy, high-demand niche for you after analyzing it for stable long-term positions and a great potential in future.
- Domain name(.com) – Search engine-friendly domain name relevant to your business
- Custom design – You get a unique design including a custom logo, header images, icons, favicon, banners, etc.
- Mobile devices ready – A perfect responsive design fitting the screen size of any device, whether desktop or mobile.
- Google Analytics integration – GA stats integrated – to keep you informed about the website’s traffic, its sources, visitors’ behavior, conversions, etc.
- Up to 12% AliExpress cashback – Get up to 12% cashback for your every purchase on AliExpress.
- WP dropship plugin – The plugin allows searching, importing and updating products on your site directly from AliExpress quickly and easily.
- Payment gateways – AliDropship Plugin supports the most popular payment processors like PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, PayU.
- Delivery time – You’ll have a full-fledge dropshipping business: 5 to 15 days depending on your package.
- On-site SEO – Increase visibility within the organic search results and to deliver targeted traffic to your site.
- Social pages – Accounts of your business on the top social networks and integrate social buttons and widgets on your website.
- Promo video (Ultimate Package) – Video will help you to promote your webstore and tell your customers about all the advantages of your products and services.
- Social media promo tool (Ultimate Package) – A special plugin will automatically post your products and promote your business on 4 top social networks.
When you receive your store, you have the ability to do what you want with it. If you want to add 100 more products, you can.
You can import products from the AliDropship store admin area or through the Chrome browser extension:
The essential functions of your store are also automated to include:
- Fulfill Orders Automatically (click ‘Order’ button and confirm the order on AliExpress)
- Auto Order Tracking (sends email notifications to your clients automatically)
- Auto Updating (keeps product info fresh)
- Pricing Automation
Keep in mind that automated order fulfillment is unlimited as well. There are no monthly recurring fees to use AliDropship.
Since it is built for WordPress, you also retain 100% ownership of your store.
If I had not already known about AliDropship, after doing this comparison, it would be a no-brainer to choose their service over Dropship Rocket.
The reason being is that a custom store from Dropship Rocket starts at $399. AliDropship’s basic custom store package starts at $299 and includes a ton of features.
Not only that, but AliDropship automates some key components of maintaining a dropshipping store such as automated order fulfillment and automated order tracking.
These are two things you would have to process manually with Dropship Rocket.
You could consider the free web hosting that Dropship Rocket offers but is it worth it when you consider the steps required to add new products and the manual order processing?
If you are a fan of WooCommerce, AliDropship still has you covered as they have AliDropship Woo which is the WooCommerce compatible version of their plugin.
Of course, it comes down to what your goals and preferences are for your own dropshipping store.
I hope this comparison has been helpful in your decision-making process. I wish you much success in your online business!
What are your thoughts about either service or dropshipping in general? Leave your feedback in the comments below.
On – 28 Mar, 2018 By Eartha Haines